This sums up 2020 from my perspective pretty well, I think. Last year around this time, I was ecstatic to have found my happiness on stage once more and afraid of one thing in particular: somehow just not being able to be on stage any more. Well… that fear aged like a bottle of fine milk. But this year was far from wasted, this whole calamity was the grounds for some reinvention. Also, I got to do a lot of really cool things:
- I got to perform at an Integration party, which was the most fun I’ve had at a gig and a great example of community.
- I filmed a number of sketches for Garry is Unemployed.
- I did 12 episodes of a podcast I had to end but am still proud of.
- During Lockdown, I got to write a lot on my material.
- I started a Podcast Series that is (possibly) my most well-written material of yet.
- Though not finishing it, I brought an old book-idea of mine quite far.
- Five years after pitching a video-satire-format in Eastbelgium I started the #Montagsbriefing and have a lot of fun doing it.
This year was far from perfect. There are monographs written about its historical negativity already, but then again „shit“ is a one syllable word that sums it up pretty well. I’ll never forget you, 2020, but I’m really looking forward to 2021